A Community Center Beyond Crawfordsville, Indiana
Abilities Services is a not-for-profit community organization and disability center that is:
- Constantly adapting, evolving, and growing to meet the changing needs of families.
- Proud to reach over 230 families each year, while providing a full range of disability services from companion care for the elderly to employment, training, and day services for disabled adults.
- Committed to advocacy in many forms, in order to raise awareness, open doors and increase opportunities for people with disabilities.
- Committed to inclusion and mainstreaming consumers as much as possible in the Crawfordsville, Frankfort and Lafayette communities, so that they are “seen and heard” as everyday friends, neighbors, and citizens.
- An active member of the Indiana Association of Rehabilitation Facilities (INARF) and the Chamber of Commerce of Clinton, Montgomery and Tippecanoe Counties.
The guiding framework of services is found in our:
- Mission: To assist people with disabilities, or similar disadvantages, to live and work in the community
- Vision: Progressive and diverse opportunities for a changing community
- Values: People – Positive Change – Quality - Commitment
ASI Disability Programs and Services
- Best Buddies: Program pairs individual clients 1:1 with college volunteers.
- Community Habilitation: Day services provided to individuals and small groups in the community offering a variety of experiences and volunteering opportunities.
- Adult Day Services: Facility based curriculum– art, gardening, music, cooking, exercise, socialization, sensory stimulation and specialty classes – for adult clients.
- Employment Services for People With Disabilities: Work services for consumers
- Family Supports: Residential and respite services provided to individuals who live at home with their families.
- Home by Choice: Non-medical personal and companion care service offered to seniors and home-bound individuals.
- Protective Services: Guardianship and advocacy for individuals without involved families.
- Recreation: Ongoing activities and community excursions.
- Recreational Therapy: Individualized therapeutic approach using leisure activities to learn new skills and maintain current ones.
- Residential Services: Group Homes – 24 hour supervision – 3 homes in different neighborhoods.
- Service Coordination: Assistance to families and monitoring of individual progress and satisfaction as well as future planning.
- Supported Living: Direct support services to allow consumers to live in apartments and homes.
Our staff are excited to be a part of an organization celebrating its successes, embracing its challenges and planning for enhanced services to friends, families and consumers with developmental disabilities and an aging population who desires to remain as independent as possible.